ponedjeljak, 11. studenoga 2013.

El Dia de Muertos, Corrida de Toros, Temazcal ritual i svasta nesto..

Here is the list of things I noticed in Mexico in little bit more than a month since I'm here:

-mothers are bosses
-children are obedient, they respect their parents and have strong relationship with them
-beliefs in witches, ghosts are part of tradition
-men are gentelman
-corruption is on high level the same like in my country
-food is very delicious
-tequila is imperativ but most of people here prefer mixing it with soda (I like shoots)
-the difference between rich and poor is big but there is still middle class ( even there is a picture of Mexico like a country where middle class doesn't exist, at least I was told like that)
-children are more connected with family then in my country and usually live with their parents until get married
-there are no bus stops, you can take bus where ever you want by waving to bus driver in order to give him a sign you want to take a ride. In the beggining that was little bit difficult because you have to remember how the place you have to go out look like instead of only remembering the name of place.
-water is not good for drinking
-fruits and vegetables should be disinfected with special drops before eating it
-public transport is not very comfortable but neither dangerous like I was told before.
-girls do not have a habbit of drying hair after washing (Elena and me also took this habbit :D )
-there is a lot of natural pharmacies here so since I'm here I didn't take any painkiller, only natural medicaments.
-there is a big health issue of fatness in general
-being late is very usual and normal here

Last week we were invited on party by our friend Vlado. It was my fault not listening carefully that party was something like bonding after meeting that members of new association of bull fight's fans have. So Axel, Elena and me entered in bar, Vlado was there with his boss and other members. Since I entered I felt so wrong, seven-eight bull's heads were looking at me from the walls, there was a traditional toreador's clothes exposed and lot of people around the big table eating and drinking. When it's about emotions and feelings I'm like a child- it's impossible to hide them. So I sat down trying to smile politely and thinking that in this situation it would be the best to talk about something else but bull fights, otherwise I will have to express my opinion and that wasn't really the best place for it. But I heard the sentence that slapped me.. something like I like the bulls that's why I became member. If you love animals you can not watch how someone is hurting them-was my automatically reaction. And then another one: bulls do not feel pain while fighting for their life because of hight level of adrenalin. I really didn't want to have discussion there so I stopped it with sentence that everyone has a right on opinion and my was that bullfights are very cruel thing. The rest of time spent in that restaurant I was angry on myself that I didn't listen better where was I invited. We finally moved in another bar, with a great music where we met a girl that works in same university as we and I cheered up. When we arrived home I spoke about it with Axel and knowing that he shares my opinion about bull fight's made me feel better. He has that ability.. to fix things, to make you feel better.. he is our guardian angel :)) In friday we went on university to see the the altar's competition. I expected to see some simple tables with traditional mexican things but students made real performas. It was like a theatar and they put a lot of effort in preparing this event. It was amazing.






Later that day we went on our student's party. Samuel invited Elena and me on his uncle's fiesta that was organized regarding to "El Dia de Muertos" (day of the dead) that is very imprtant celebration in Mexico. We had great time with his beautiful family and friends.. we met his cute daughter Ashanti and his adorable sister with whom I spoke whole night on my bad spanish. XD The next day I went on temazcal with Axel and Sergio, Elena was sick so she stayed at home. temazcal  is a type of sweat lodge which originated with pre-Hispanic Indigenous peoples in Central America. In past it was used as part of a curative ceremony to purify the body, for healing the sick, improving health, and for women to give birth. It is currently used in that part of world as a cleaning of mind, body and spirit. The ritual lasted around six hours, and during whole ceremony we were praying and trying to stay focus on things we want to achieve. Part of ceremony was also consuming cactus peyote, sacred cactus that was used by local Indigenous people in their rituals and ceremonys. It's very difficult to describe it to someone that wasn't participating in it. I can say only that it was very special experience and I will repeat it two weeks when it will be organized one reserved only for ladies. :)

 when we arrived..

 before the ritual started..

 praying for our brothers and sister on north, south, east and west..

when we arrived home :))

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar